Step 1 - Netscape Test Certificate Registration
This procedure is only for users of Netscape Navigator / Communicator 4 and above.
Following the following procedures will allow you to view the active wind icons within
the guide. These icons allow you to see more clearly which sites are suited for the
current wind conditions.
I recommend you print this page before continuing. (<Ctrl> - P).
For Microsoft Windows 95/98 or NT
- For Microsoft Windows 95/98 or NT, click here to up load and open this executable. The file is a self extracting ZIP file that
saves the 'Step - 2' instructions and a copy of my test certificate on your local disk.
For other users there is a ZIP file that you need to manually
extract the 'Step - 2' instructions and a copy of my test certificate
- Open the local copy of the 'Step - 2' instructions and follow.
For Other Operating Systems
- Download the certificate file twizmo.cer. (Will display
as a text file.)
- Using the right hand button, select a blank area in the text field window and choose
Save As from the menu
- In the Save as window, save the file on your hard disk in a convenient location
("C:\temp" for example).
- In the Netscape window open the Options windows and select application helper
- Add a new application and enter
The extension as ".cer"
The MIME type as "application/x-x509-ca-cert"
The run application as your full Netscape application file name including the directory(
"c:\Program Files\Netscape Communcation\Programs\netscape.exe")
- Still in the Netscape window go to the current location and enter the directory location
that you saved the x509 file ("C:\temp"). You should now see a directory listing
which includes the twizmo.cer file which now has a cacert file association.
- Double click the file name and a new version of Netscape should be launched and you will
be taken through a certification procedure by Netscape. Follow the instructions very
carefully or you may select to not install the certificate